Join the team
You’ll be responsible for helping our management team with planning and launching our new USA Mustard operation. Your ability to multitask will be key to the job as no day will be the same as the last.
You will be a leading driver of the Mustard USA business expansion. To do this you will find new stockists to get our brand out there, find great like minded brands to collaborate with and manage trade show opportunities. You will work with our management team to generate sales and grow the business.
You will manage our customer service team in the US. We pride ourselves on giving our customers the best service possible by organising what they need and resolving any issues in the most outstanding way we can think of. We aim to WOW our customers and this will be your focus. You will approach your tasks with enthusiasm, share your natural ability to juggle multiple tasks and be the calm in the storm when challenges arise.
You will also be the first point of contact with our USA warehouse. Your aim will be to keep the day to day operations of the business running smoothly. If our customers have any issues that can’t be resolved by our Customer Happiness Hero team you will be there to guide them towards a solution. This could range from helping our team to handle a tricky customer, escalating delivery issues with couriers, resolving damage issues or helping the warehouse team. You will also help to coordinate inbound stock to ensure our products arrive efficiently and can be sent to our customers as soon as possible. To do all this you will get to know our products like the back of your hand, have a positive attitude and be a wiz at problem solving.
Much of the role will be completed remotely so you will need to be highly organised and a great communicator.
As the Mustard business expands into the USA market we hope to make the most of the opportunity. We all know the USA loves lockers, we’d love for them to have the chance to see and feel our products. To make Mustard the best new brand out there you will need to:
- Drive the launch of our brand new USA operation;
- Be responsible for finding us great new stockists and influencers to collaborate with;
- Develop excellent stockist relationships and communicate weekly by email, phone calls or video meetings;
- Work with a range of stockists from large national retailers to small boutique businesses;
- Regularly communicate our stock levels with our stockists;
- Monitor and report sales on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis across ecom and wholesale channels; and
- Attend national trade shows and some international trade shows where required to support USA sales.
Our customer service is the most important part of our business. You will lead the team to show our customers we really care. To do this you will:
- Be the first point of contact for our Mustard USA customer service team. To do this you will manage any incoming phone calls and emails from the team and assist with finding a solution;
- Ensure we go the extra mile for every customer. We want to give the best service possible and keep Mustard customers coming back for more (because lockers are addictive!);
- Process refunds, changes to orders or assist our customers with ordering;
- Communicate delivery dates with customers;
- Work with our customer service team to ensure they communicate with couriers daily so we can get our lockers to our customers quickly and safely.
You will be a leader that joins many parts of the business together. As a leader you will:
- Work with our management team to support, develop and motivate the team;
- Coordinate inbound stock so our products get to our warehouse as efficiently as possible (this includes assisting with any documentation and customs processes);
- Help manage our suppliers, including transport, warehousing and any other key parties;
- Manage the distribution network across the USA with a strong focus on customer service and support;
- Generally be part of the team. We are a small business and play as a team. This could mean anything from assisting on photoshoots, working in a trade show or visiting our warehouse. As we are a business that runs on different time zones we sometimes get together to chat after hours. There's always new things going on so they'll be plenty of opportunities to get involved;
- Help us grow and improve as a business, we’re always open to new ideas and we would love for you to streamline and develop new processes and instigate projects. Initiative and communication are key.
Hello, is it you we’re looking for?
- You understand the nuances of life in a start-up and are happy to roll up your sleeves: no job is too big, or too small.
- You have experience in working with USA customers and the USA market.
- You are experienced in looking after customers in an online retail environment.
- You are confident in managing a team remotely.
- You are happy to work independently and have the ability to work remotely.
- Working autonomously suits you. You'll need to tackle tasks with initiative and creativity.
- You'll spot the things that need to be done and find a way to make it happen.
- You are optimistic and not afraid of a challenge.
- You are exceptionally organised and thrive on solving problems.
- You’ve got great attention to detail.
- Through excellent product knowledge you will help deliver the most exceptional customer care and maximise sales at every opportunity.
- You are willing to negotiate and can communicate what you need to get results.
- You have solid computer skills.
- You have Ecommerce experience, Shopify experience is a bonus!
It started with a long walk and two sisters living on the opposite side of the world. The idea was sparked by the question: What is it that you love that is uniquely you? Becca thought about her home and studio. She had a random selection of metal lockers. One flaky old one found on the side of the road, a few from antique stores and some new. She's always had a thing for lockers.
From that day the work began. We’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 150 retailers across the world – from Urban Outfitters, Oliver Bonas, Libertys London. Whilst we have been selling online to retail customers in the US since we started, 2021 will see the Mustard expansion to include wholesale, a warehouse and distribution throughout the USA. It’s an exciting time as there is lots more growth on the horizon.
The Extra Stuff
- Based in our London, UK office
- Option to work remotely, minimum 2 days per week in the office
- Full time but with full flexibility - will require working to USA time zone some days
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Opportunities to travel to the USA
- You will end up with a home full of Lockers!
To apply please send a really nice email to Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org, include 'Join the team - USA" in the subject line, we want to get to know who you are, what experience you've had, your availability, why you want to work for mustard and which is your dream locker? Applications close on Friday 7th May 2021.
Can't wait to hear from you!